|Big, Bad Wolf|
The Big, Bad Wolf is a villainous, giant wolf who appears in many fables and fairy tales. In the story of the Three Little Pigs, he displays the ability to exhale large amounts of air.
The Wolf is also known to take on disguises such as when he was in sheep's clothing or when he disguised himself as Little Red Riding Hood's Grandmother. He may be based on the giant wolves from Norse mythology: Fenris and Skoll.
Powers and Abilities
The wolf was a master of disguise (from grandmothers to a sheep), had a cunning mind, and possessed super-breath enough to blow down all but a brick house.
Folk/Fairy Tale Appearances
- Aesop's Fables
- The Boy Who Cried Wolf
- The Dog and the Wolf
- The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
- The Crane and the Wolf
- The Wolf and the Lamb
- Grimm's Fairy Tales
- Little Red Riding Hood
- The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids
- Three Little Pigs
Public Domain Comic Appearances
- Captain Marvel Adventures #9
- Sparkling Stars #7
- Jolly Jingles #15
- Four Color #60, 68
- Nuttylife #2: The Wolf battles Cosmo Cat after kidnapping Red Riding Hood.
- Jack-in-the-Box Comics #11: Appears on the cover, about to hatchet a little pig.
- Four Color #185: The Easter Bunny and the Three Little Pigs outwit the Wolf.
- Peter Cottontail #1: A rabbit's involvement in the story of Little Red Riding Hood.
- Panic #1
- Speedy Rabbit #1,14: Re-prints story from Peter Cottontail #1.
Public Domain Comic Appearances Inspired by the Big, Bad Wolf
- Fantastic Fears #8: Horror version of Little Red Riding Hood with the Big, Bad Wolf as a werewolf.