From Jumbo Comics #41
Cleopatra VII Philopator
12 August 30 BC
As the last Pharaoh of Ancient Egypt, Cleopatra VII Philopator, better known simply as Cleopatra, used her beauty and cunning to manipulate the most powerful man in the Western world Julius Caesar with whom she had a son named Caesarion. She did this to both solidify her control of Egypt and prevent Roman occupation.
After Caesar was assassinated, She allied herself with her lover Marc Anthony against Augustus Caesar (also called Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus) for control of the Roman Empire. However, after being defeated by Augustus' forces in the Battle of Actium both Cleopatra and Marc Anthony commit suicide. Cleopatra killed herself in a traditional Egyptian manner by being bitten by an asp, a poisonous species of snake.
Public Domain Comic Appearances of Cleopatra
- Boy Comics #13 - Cleopatra encounters time traveler Yankee Longago.
- Captain Aero vol. 2 #1 : Cleopatra orders the death of a princess more beautiful than her, but the princess is saved by the time traveling Al Addin.
- Daredevil Comics #54 - Featured in one page filler about famous eccentric people throughout history.
- Four Color #851 - Featured in an adaptation of the 1921 novel, The Story of Mankind.
- Jumbo Comics #41, 65, 92 - (Issues #41, 92) Cleopatra meets time-traveler Stuart Taylor. (Issue #65) Cleopatra is a ghost encountered by Avery Mollison, Hurlburt, and Prof. Lord.
- Kid Eternity #5 - Cleopatra is summoned by Kid Eternity.
- A Treasury of Horses
Public Domain Comic Appearances of Modern Day Cleopatra
- Speed Comics #38 - Black Cat encounters a woman claiming to be Cleopatra's reincarnation trying to shut down the Suez Canal. In reality the woman is Tasman Beh, a Egyptian dancer in league with the Japanese.
- Zip Comics #22 - Black Jack encounters a reincarnation of Cleopatra who has a supernatural hold over men.
- National Comics #54 - A modern day woman named Cleopatra Queens is murdered by the Namesake Killer (Mr. Caesar) in the same way as her namesake. The Whistler brings the killer to justice.
- Daredevil Comics #6: Marie Duvale, the sweetheart of King Questionmark, believed she was Cleopatra while interned at a mental hospital, but she regained her senses after suffering a blow to the head.
- Torchy #5 - Torchy impersonates a wax figure of Cleopatra to prevent her friend Ed from losing his job after he clumsily broke the real one.